A few weeks ago, my family discovered 2 bird nests near the house. The first is a robin's nest that sits atop a gutter pipe just below the awning outside the door going out to the patio. There are 4 perfect little eggs inside, still waiting to hatch!

We're hoping to see these eggs hatch soon! I gently touched them today and I thought I could feel some movement inside, but maybe that was just wishful thinking.
The second is a sparrow's nest and is located in the middle of a low to the ground bush
on the upper side of the house. It had 5 eggs inside, but they hatched yesterday morning. They are ridiculously adorable, make tiny peeping noises, and throw open their little beaks as wide as they can when you get close.
Picture from hatching day:
They hatched a few hours before this picture was taken!Taken today, day 2:
Feed me, mama, feed me!
All cuddled up!More tomorrow!
Oh my goodness! Look at the little fuzzballs! They barely have enough fuzz to be called fuzzballs!
ReplyDelete