Friday, July 9, 2010

Day Three

Well, it's good news and bad news time. I always like to have the bad news first so here goes: it looks as if the mama robin has abandoned her nest. She hasn't been seen in a few days, so those eggs don't really have a chance of hatching. Maybe she was frightened off too many times by the opening and closing of the patio door, but in any case, we're down to one nest. I wanted to take them in and incubate them myself, but mummy said no. Sad day.

Speaking of which, the 5 baby sparrows are as cute as ever! As you can see in the photo, a few eyes are juuuuust starting to open. I think they look fuzzier today, too.

I need some help thinking of names for them. While we won't really ever be able to tell them apart, they still should have names. In the running so far: Glarnock, Jasper, Throgmorten, Maximilian, and Madeline. I'm sure that more than one is a girl, so some more girl names would be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment